I did a name reading for Gilad Shalit, and I found something quite interesting: One of his gematria's is 179, Akeida (Binding of Isaac), which when we think into that story, Avraham offered up a ram INSTEAD OF Isaac, and the Midrash says that this ram will produce the Shofar of the End of Days, the other was blown on Har Sinai. Needless to say, Noam Shalit did not sacrifice his son, and neither did Avraham in the end. This has been a great test for the Shalit Family to not lose hope, something that most of Am Yisrael helped take part in, something that I feel is a tremendous Kiddush Hashem, and deeply rooted in Torah Values. May this be the last time any Jew is faced with any type of Akeidah, having passed our exams to bring the Geulah, and may Gilad's coming home sound The Great Shofar,which the Ramchal says, its blower shall remain a mystery.
Here are my findings in Gematria:
- גלעד בן (נעם) אביבה = 179, Akeida...with the connotation that Avraham's test was to shecht Isaac, here we see the opposite test, to not give into losing one's child. in Remez, we often times see antithesis. For example, moshiach is the gematria nachash, the power to negate...thus Gilad as Akeidah is to fight for the life of one's child, and not do the sacrifice to him, but to sacrifice yourself with devotion to save his life...many suggest that Avraham's Tikkun was to bring Isaac up so that he could realize to save his life, this is the drusha of the pussuk, to bring him up "there", and to realize the ram (of redemption) was there the whole time, as it was destined from before creation, says the Midrash.
- Letters of his name Shalit : 349, הפרדס = The Orchard, which stands for Pshat, Remez, Drush, and Sod..the 4 levels of exegesis in Torah, the ה signifies the totality of the 4 levels into a 5th comprehensive level, which when we look at the letters involved in the rest of his name, it spells אש בגן which when Pardes is rectified, it allows for expanded consciousness, or the element of Fire to arouse intellect, or "White Fire/Chashmal". Without the ש it spells, גן בא = The Garden comes, which Pardes rectified is hinted at as גן פרדס..the rectified "Garden", where intellect can begin with Remez first says the Gra, which makes Pardes look like this: רספד Remez leads to Sod/Secret -Secret reveals Pshat/Simple Meaning- into Drush/Extrapolation, into a level of ה = Where the Torah can explained Forever.
- End Letters: דהמן = That of Haman: The Midrash says, in the end of days, to get Jews to do Teshuva, Hashem will stand up for us another Haman..Perhaps Gilad's name is hinting to us what is to come, maybe Gilad cleared out for us those Dinim?
- One of the Tribes is גד/Gad...his name means Mazal Tov. Gilad is " the yoke of Gad" that the Mazal Tov that Gilad represents comes as a yoke. His life is not easy, not for him nor his family..May his family never have to bear his yoke again, and only bask with Mazal Tov of coming back home, and Bezrat Hashem a mazal tov of Geulah, where the yoke will be over.
- One of his gematrias is 232. Hashem's name can be explained as 4 numbers: 72/wisdom, 63/understanding, 45/tikkun, 52/blemish...the sum being 232, which is a fully established "world of operation"...Gilad shows that under it all, there still is a God running the world, even if we cant see it.
- Initial letters of his nameנ-אגב ...the nun/50 gates of understanding that comes happenstance. There is a concept called Ikvus Mashicha, the footsteps of Moshaich, that as the Geulah is hastened, we cant really follow the path of redemption, again on this level the world operates on Remez rather than Pshat, and it comes as a surprise and not head on as something we can follow. In this way,the Geulah, Understanding of it, just happens..the Midrash calls this, a likening of Hashem to an Ayil or Tzvi (2 types of deer), where Hashem just appears to us at the end...and only then will we understand.
- End Letters: מה דן = "What Judgement" or "Judge What"...His name implies, what is the judgement?
- The letters of his name spells מדנה, Medina, or country. A lot of people have issues with taking the land by force and forming a country, or medina. It is interesting that this gematria is 744, which is the same as "do not force the end"..in the Talmud, the Jews made oaths not to take the land by force, and to not make a Medina, which this argument takes hold today. I think we should be here, and as the Gra says, to force the end means to force the building of the temple. One can not deny however, that Gilad's story sheds light on these issues, in particular of the Jews in the land before Geulah, even if justified, and how dangerous it can be to force the end.
- Lastly, his name has a נ which is 50/understanding, and the other letters is דמה. Adam is missing the Heh from the Ground/adamah which he was taken from. Had Adam rectified himself, he would have merited the Heh, giving his name a gematria of 50/with understanding,achieving a level of perfection. We see this task in Gilad's name, he has the 50, however he is missing the Alef. The דמה, instead of being "there is blood" can be הדם the footstool/דמה = similar to. As it says in Tehilim, Hashem says to Moshiach, wait at my right, until I make your enemies a footstool to your feet.Alef can also be Elef/1000..which is the gematria of Moshiach ben Yosef/David...may they be hidden no longer, and added to "Shalit" Shalit is 349+1 (alef) = 350 "Sechel/שכל...the intellectual level of the Moshiach and Geula, to preceive divinity, and redemption on earth..as it says, "Visualize Tzion'...even before its rebuilt.